cygrunsrv --install <svc> --user <user>: avoid having to enter the user's password

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed May 22 21:35:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Irfan Adilovic!

> (All actions here assume an elevated mintty terminal)

> I have the  need to automate the installation of autossh as a windows
> service (=> several dozen autossh services) and when installing as a
> local user, the password prompt is an issue.

This is not an issue, this is a requirement of the OS.

> Is there a way to add windows services with cygrunsrv from an elevated
> mintty bash shell to run as a local user, somehow without requiring
> that local user's password each time the service is installed?

Nothing can be done about it, except providing the password it is asking for.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...