Is our use of Cygwin to build & run OpenOCD a good one?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed May 22 21:35:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Bob Cochran!

> And I'm reluctant to install other translation projects on my PC like
> MSYS2 and MinGW because of bloat, support, and security concerns.   Try
> to keep it as simple as possible!

In case of Cygwin and MinGW, all you would be installing is cross-compilers'
toolchain.
Then you run make from Cygwin, specifying correct target, and get a native
Win32 executabe at the end.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...B‹KCB”›Ø›[H™\ܝΈ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKܛ؛[\Ëš[B‘TNˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙ˜\KÃB‘ØÝ[Y[][ÛŽˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙØÜËš[B•[œÝXœØÜšX™H[™›Îˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÛ[ÈÝ[œÝXœØÜšX™K\Ú[\CBƒB