Problem with mksh-56c-1 mksh and DOS path names ( CYGWIN 3.0.7(0.338/5/3))

Wed May 15 02:10:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-05-14 08:59, chris.day@pinky.co.uk wrote:
> I'm having some challenges with the latest version mksh (mksh-56c-1) and the
> support of DOS path names. Seems this is broken, although POSIX names work as
> expected.
> chrisd@edmund:chrisd > cd E:/temp
> /usr/bin/mksh: cd: /home/chrisd/E:/temp: No such file or directory
> Running an older version
> chrisd@edmund:chrisd > cd E:/temp
> chrisd@edmund:temp > pwd
> /cygdrive/e/temp
> I've noticed that the mksh Build.sh has moved the dospath handling to be OS/2
> specific, omitting Cygwin.

>From the Changelog entries since the last Cygwin release 54, looks like all but
OS/2 now behave more like POSIX, using realpath, including Cygwin and Msys -
	http://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm#clog
"R56c is a bugfix-only release everyone must upgrade to:
. [komh] Remove redundant OS/2-specific code, clean up others
. [komh, tg] Fix drive-qualified (absolute and relative) DOS-style path support
in realpath functionality, partially other places
. [tg] Don’t substitute ${ENV:-~/.mkshrc} result again
. [tg] Improve OS/2 $PATH (et al.) handling, drive-relative paths
R56 is a bugfix release with some experimental fixes:
. [komh] Exclude FAT/HPFS/NTFS-unsafe tests on OS/2 (and Cygwin/MSYS)
R55 is mostly a feature release with summary bugfixes:
. [tg] Add new standard variable PATHSEP (‘:’, ‘;’ on OS/2)
. [tg] Introduce build flag -T for enabling “textmode” on OS/2 (supporting CR+LF
line endings, but incompatible with mksh proper)
. [tg] Merge mksh-os2
..."