Can't create symbolic links in child directories

Matt D. codespunk@gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 23:25:00 GMT 2019

This works:

 > touch a
 > ln -s a b

This no longer works:

 > touch a
 > mkdir b
 > ln -s a b/c

Error:

ln: failed to create symbolic link 'b/c': No such file or directory

My CYGWIN environment is also configured using "winsymlinks:nativestrict".

I am running the following version (updated today):

CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW WORKSTATION 3.0.5(0.338/5/3) 2019-03-31 11:22 i686 Cygwin

I cannot confirm at which point this bug appeared as I updated from some
version prior to 3.0. I am reasonably certain that this has worked
before as I use symbolic links often.