Misleading timestamps on setup-x86_64.exe

Jim Fehrle jim.fehrle@gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:30:00 GMT 2019

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:34:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Misleading timestamps on setup-x86_64.exe
Achim Gratz writes:

> You didn't tell us how exactly you downloaded the file.  If you
> donwloaded it onto an already existing file (overwriting it), it may
> have kept the old timestamp depending on what software you used and what
> timestamp you look at.  So use a fresh directory or move the old file
> away first and see if that's helping.

Chrome renames a downloaded file if there is already a downloaded file with
the same name,
e.g. to "setup-x86_64.exe (1)".  When I tried it again now, the filestamp
showed the time it was downloaded.  Unless I see the incorrect timestamp
behavior again, it's easily reproducible and can clearly be attributed to
Cygwin, I think there's nothing to change in Cygwin.

Thanks to all,

Jim