Misleading timestamps on setup-x86_64.exe

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Mar 19 04:39:00 GMT 2019

Jim Fehrle wrote:
> Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 01:55:36 -0700
> Subject: Re: Misleading timestamps on setup-x86_64.exe
> Mark Geisert wrote:
>
>> Here are mine:
>> /c/staging ls -l Cygwin??/setup*.exe
>> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 Mark None 1171475 Dec 20 01:18 Cygwin32/setup-x86.exe*
>> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 Mark None 1224211 Dec 20 01:17 Cygwin64/setup-x86_64.exe*
>
>> Check the size of your v2.895 against the last line above.  If it's
> different,
>> you may not have the recent version you think.  I don't want to speculate
> why.
>
>> How did you download?  Is there a proxy cache in the way?
>
> The file length matches exactly.
>
> I downloaded by clicking the link at https://cygwin.com/.  No idea about a
> proxy server.  Is that something an ISP might set up?  I'm working from my
> home, not an office.  Not work-related.

Well, having the file size match means you've probably got the latest
setup-x86_64.exe.  That argues against a proxy cache being in the way.

FWIW the times shown for my files are the times I downloaded them from the
Cygwin website, same way you did.  So I can't reproduce what you're seeing.

I'm out of ideas.  Sorry :-).

..mark