Patch request to qt 5.9.4

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Fri Mar 15 08:06:00 GMT 2019

Mark Geisert wrote:
> I believe I've found the root cause of this issue of outbound connect on a
> non-blocking socket not working under Cygwin.
[...]

Hi Tatsuro,
This Qt issue should be reported to their developers.  Do you have experience
opening a ticket with them?  If so, please do so and let me know the ticket/bug
number.  I will participate in discussion there.  I could also open a ticket
myself if you prefer that I do it.

It seems to me that we should continue to apply your one-line patch that turns
off O_NONBLOCK at that one Qt location, as a workaround for this Qt problem on
Cygwin.  When the Qt devs fix the root cause and release a new Qt containing the
fix, we can then remove our local patch.

..mark

Yaakov: Does this all sound reasonable to you?