sshd: fatal: seteuid XXX : No such device or address

David Dombrowsky 6thstreetradio@gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:24:00 GMT 2019

On 3/14/19 10:11 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Please remove /etc/passwd and /etc/group files. They are no longer necessary,
> unless you have some very special needs, and even then, they only needed for
> that one or two accounts you need special treatment for.

Wait what?  What about all the standard unix programs that use those
files to determine UID and all that?  Since when can we blow away
/etc/passwd and /etc/group on a cygwin install?

--
David Dombrowsky, Software Engineer
davek@6thstreetradio.org | 518-374-3204