SSL not required for setup.exe download

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Mar 13 20:50:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Lee!

> On 3/12/19, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, Lee!

>>> I don't think it's a false sense of security.  https:// isn't "safe"
>>> but it is _safer_ than http://
>>
>> Yep. Now, let's recall mcafee, norton, kaspersky, avast… and all those
>> other
>> "antiviruses" that proxy all TLS traffic through their own root certificate
>> proxy.

> But you did that to yourself.

I did not. But other people are running that setup unsuspected.

> Hopefully you evaluated the risk/reward in letting your a/v intercept everything.

Yes. That's why am I not running anything of that kind.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...B‹KCB”›Ø›[H™\ܝΈ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKܛ؛[\Ëš[B‘TNˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙ˜\KÃB‘ØÝ[Y[][ÛŽˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙØÜËš[B•[œÝXœØÜšX™H[™›Îˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÛ[ÈÝ[œÝXœØÜšX™K\Ú[\CBƒB