64 bit setup fails to run on WIndows 10

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Mar 11 21:49:00 GMT 2019

Adrian Blakey writes:
> Any ideas why the 64 bit setup program fails to run at all on my corporate
> Windows 10 laptop, whereas the 32 setup runs fine?

One is whitelisted in whatever "protection" solution you are forced to
use and the other not.  Ask whoever is the vendor or your support to
check and whitelist the executable that is giving you grief.  In a
pinch, you can use the 32bit installer to install 64bit Cygwin by giving
it the appropriate --arch=x86_64 option from the command line.

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.cli

Regards,
Achim.