Fork issue with timerfd

Rockefeller, Harry Harry.Rockefeller@flightsafety.com
Fri Mar 8 21:27:00 GMT 2019

[snip]

> > > I couldn't directly reproduce this issue, but I saw emacs using
> > > more an more memory while the cursor was blinking.  I found a
> > > resource leak in posix timers which was probably the cause for this problem.
> > >
> > > I pushed a patch and uploaded new developer snapshots to
> > > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> > >
> > > Please test.
> I can't reproduce this with 0308.  I'm typing lots and lots in emacs, doing copy/paste with the mouse, and it just works with 0308.

[snip]

> Install the cygwin1.dbg file into /bin and When Emacs hangs, attach with gdb and print the backtrace of each thread.  That should give a hint.

> > I have been running
> > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190306.dll.xz , i.e., March
> > 6th For a couple hours yesterday and all day today along with Ken Brown's test version of emacs (GNU Emacs 26.1.92) And have not had a hiccup.
> > (Well, to be truthful, I'm running a lot more of Ken Brown's test
> > software than just emacs.)

> Can you please test the 0308 snapshot with stock emacs, too?

I am testing with https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin1-20190308.dll.xz and stock (26.1) emacs now.
I see no hangup so far.  You're not going crazy Corinna.

> Ken, any chance you could test this as well?  If there really are still hangs with current emacs and the 0308 snapshot,
>  I might need a bit of help.  Some kind of reproducer or some input as to the nature of the hangs would be nice.

 ТÒÐÐ¥&ö&ÆVÒ&W÷'G3¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒ÷&ö&ÆV×2æ‡FÖÀФd¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöfðФFö7VÖVçFF–ö㢇GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöFö72æ‡FÖÀÐ¥Vç7V'67&–&R–æfó¢‡GG¢òö7–wv–âæ6öÒöÖÂò7Vç7V'67&–&R×6–×ÆPРÐ