A workaround against Emacs crash when displaying images

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka@jpl.org
Thu Mar 7 23:36:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 15:55:29 +0000, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 3/6/2019 7:20 PM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> export MAGICK_THREAD_LIMIT=1

> Is this a new issue with cygwin-3.0.x?  If so, it might be related
> to the memory leak that was recently discovered (and fixed in the
> latest snapshot):

>    http://www.cygwin.org/ml/cygwin/2019-03/msg00122.html

I tried the 2019-03-06 snapshot and, oh!, I verified Emacs got
not to crash for displaying images without such a spell.
It seems Emacs revived as for me as it was before Cygwin 3.

Thanks!