Fork issue with timerfd

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Mar 4 21:46:00 GMT 2019

On 3/4/2019 1:13 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> I've been using emacs extensively on both x86 and x86_64 with the latest
>> snapshot, and I've had no further problems.  I think 3.0.2 is ready to go.
>
> I consistently see that problem with the latest snapshot 20190303 when
> trying to save a changed document from emacs-w32.  I didn't try
> emacs-X11 and emacs-nox doesn't exhibit the problem (or rarely enough
> that I got through the day without it ever occuring).

By "that problem" do you mean a fork failure?  I don't think it could be related
to the timerfd issues unless you're using an emacs that you built yourself or
installed from my personal Cygwin repo.  The emacs in the Cygwin distro was
built before Cygwin supported the timerfd functions and so it doesn't try to use
them.

Ken