package cygwin-d-... case sensitivity problems --

Townsend, Paul aab@purdue.edu
Thu Jun 20 00:51:00 GMT 2019

--The NAME section line for the jN.3 man page is

jN, jNf, yN, yNf, j0, j0f, j1, j1f, jn, jnf, y0, y0f, y1, y1f, yn, ynf - Bessel functions

In a quick perusal of the available Cygwin math functions, I could find no available function with the first four names above although a C call to jN() does link successfully. In addition, the man page itself does not explicitly describe those four.  Again, a quick google internet search did not find jN although I did find Jn.

My original "simplest solution" would not work.

New suggestion:  Rename the jN.3 file bessel.3 and replace the first four names in the roff source file with bessel.

--  Thanks,

--    Paul Townsend