network trace capturing tool in cygwin

Jose Isaias Cabrera jicman@outlook.com
Thu Jun 13 17:40:00 GMT 2019

Pokechu22, on Thursday, June 13, 2019 01:27 PM, wrote...
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:02 AM Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> >

> Hello josé,
>
> To my (limited) knowledge, it simply isn't available, presumably
> because of elevation requirements on windows or something like that.
> I think what you want is winpcap (or npcap?) along with windump... or
> maybe wireshark?  All of these are regular windows programs, not ones
> that depend on cygwin (though you should be able to use them from
> cygwin).

Yeah, I know about those.  The place where I am trying to use it is work, and they have banned these utilities from downloading, etc.  But I thought that I could use cygwin, internally and capture the data I need.  Back to the drawing board. ;-)

Thanks Poke.

josé