setup.exe enhancement request, proceed on error after logging error to setup.log

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Jun 11 16:35:00 GMT 2019

Greetings, Keith Christian!

> Today I am reinstalling Cygwin to fix a DLL package, taking awhile but
> worth the wait  (-:  (-:

> Setup paused with a dialog to report a missing .xz file.  I saw the
> error a half hour later.

> Would the maintainers (Achim?  Jon?) be willing to consider an option
> box log errors to the setup.log file and "Skip non-fatal errors and
> continue?"

The problem is that Setup can't know if the problem is fatal or not.
And in case of a missing archive, the problem is likely the former.

However, if you can code it in a fool-proof way, https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC .

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin