Dragging from explorer to cygwin terminal is not putting the path into the terminal

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Jun 7 07:41:00 GMT 2019

Am 07.06.2019 um 01:04 schrieb Houder:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:26:25, Academy OfFetishes  wrote:
>> inline

>>> Yes.
>>>
>> Yes to which?  Yes to both?  If it's something you turn on, where is that
>> setting?
> Oh, my apologies. Yes, this feature is supposed to work "out-of-the-box"; that
> explains why I (we) were wondering what the problem could be at your place.
>
>>> That is not not what I meant ... You could have told us whether or not the
>>> problem is also present if you install the previous version of MinTTY ...
>>>
>>> When I wrote, you are sitting behind your computer, I was not trying to be
>>> nasty ... I meant, you are the _only_ one who can provide us clues, because
>>> right now we have not enough info to help you.
>>>
>> When I install a previous version it doesn't make a difference.  I've
>> installed 2.9.9
>>
>> I'd like to help more than this, but I don't know what other information I
>> can provide that would be helpful.
> You are doing fine now, providing us the "specifics" of your situation. Your
> initial post lacked that info.
>
> I am still using W7, and therefore I am afraid I cannot help you anymore. It
> may be that Brian I. has some ideas - as far as I know, he is using W10.
>
> I cannot say anything sensible about the 2 scripts you have executed. Sorry.
>
> But I am afraid, that you may have to start from scratch again (reinstalling
> W10) in order to find out under what circumstances the MinTTY feature starts
> to fail. Yes, that would be a huge disappointment to you, I understand.
Don't shoot with canons on sparrows (German proverb)!
I can confirm that I observed the issue, occasionally, under yet unclear
conditions. It even stopped to work once in a terminal session where it
initially worked. So no relation to Windows stuff to be assumed.
It would be helpful to find a pattern that raises the issue. It would
also be helpful to check whether it occurs with mintty 3.0.0, as there
were some minor clipboard modifications in 3.0.1.
Thomas