Cygport: How to add -I m4 to autoreconf / aclocal? (issue with building mingw64-x86_64-gtksourceview3.0-3.24.6 )

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Thu Jun 6 21:28:00 GMT 2019

Am 06.06.2019 um 21:18 schrieb Hans-Bernhard Bröker:

> Still that would constitut, if not a flat-out bug, at least severe
> bit-rot in the upstream package, because if it doesn't work with
> Cygwin's automake version 1.15, it most likely doesn't with reasonably
> current versions of automake on other platforms, either.

After some actual inspection, and a bit of RTFMing, things became clearer.

There is indeed a general bug in the original source that requires
fixing.  The following line is sorely missing from the top-level
Makefile.am:

ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4

It doesn't look like this should be buildable without that line, on any
other platform.  If it does, their gnome-autogen.sh must be rather
different from Cygwin's.