Cygwin/X does not seem to work on Windows 10

Ronald Fischer ynnor@mm.st
Tue Jun 4 13:34:00 GMT 2019

> I pinned the Cygwin/X "XWin Server" Start Menu item to the taskbar.
> When I click that, I get "Cygwin/X Server 0:0" and "X applications menu on :0"
> icons in the systray.

When I start it via the "XWin Server" entry in the Start Menu - which I have discovered just now, since you mentioned it, I do not get anything in the systray.

However, when I use the FVWM entry in the Start Menu, I get a maximized window inside which fvwm is running, and inside this, I can - from the context menu - start among others xterm etc.

Ronald