Interest in Emacs patched to handle Windows paths?

Kaz Kylheku 920-082-4242@kylheku.com
Fri Jul 26 20:03:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-07-26 10:11, Soegtrop, Michael wrote:
> Dear Cygwin Team and Users,
>
> In May I modified Emacs for Cygwin so that it can truly handle Windows
> paths.

You might be interested in the Cygnal project:
http://www.kylheku.com/cygnal/

In this project, I modified Cygwin itself to use Windows paths.
There are some other changes, of course, all documented in detail.

I use Cygnal for a native Windows port of the TXR language. This is just
the
Cygwin version of txr.exe bundled with the patched cygwin.dll (plus some
additional needed libs), wrapped up in an installer.

There is no separate build; just packaging.

Cygnal isn't an environment; it doesn't replace Cygwin. It's a way of
deploying Cygwin programs stand-alone to Windows users who expect
certain
Windows conventions, while retaining the advantages of Cygwin's large
and detailed POSIX API footprint.