CYGWIN slow when accessing network share

Wed Jan 23 17:34:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-01-23 10:07, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 1/22/2019 4:27 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:
>> I've tried Googling for this, with pretty much 0 results.

Search for "network slow", "ls slow", or prefix with Cygwin on other sites.

Try: 	https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2016-01/msg00261.html

> Search the Cygwin FAQ for the word BLODA.  You've something different on the two
> systems that interferes with the network traffic.

UNC entries in PATH and other networking artifacts can slow down access.

See:	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.startup-slow

Network access may be slowed down by accessing AD.
Install and run cygserver at system startup to cache and share Cygwin AD info
across processes.