Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

Jerry Baker via cygwin cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 26 16:28:00 GMT 2019

I have a large installation of cygwin on Windows 7 x64 for the last
decade that has been working without issue. When I use setup-x86_64.exe
(2.895) to upgrade the cygwin 2.11.2-1 package to cygwin 3.0.1-1, all of
my cygwin applications stop working. Simply executing a command (such as
'bash' or 'grep' or 'date') at a command line just yields a blinking
cursor that never returns anything. As soon as I switch back to version
2.11.2-1 everything works again.