cygwin 3.1.2 + Windows 10 Home Build 10.0.18362 - alt+space hotkeys not working

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@Shaw.ca
Sun Dec 29 16:23:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-12-28 05:04, Takashi Yano wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 12:19:53 +0500, Eugene Klimov wrote:
>> i don't use ConEmu
>> but after upgrade to cygwin 3.1 this team have same bugs
>
> These are not the same issue at all. As for alt-space,
> the keycode 0x1b 0x20 is passed to the cygwin application
> correctly inside of console window. This is not a bug.
>
> The issue of ConEmu is that the no key code is passed
> by arrow keys or del key to the cygwin application.
>
>> also rollback cygwin to 3.0 return previous behaviors
>> and GNU `screen` inside cygwin `ssh` works fine
>
> I cannot get what is your problem. I logged in to a linux
> machine using cygwin ssh and start GNU screen in the ssh
> session, however, everything works fine for me. I tried
> that in both mintty and command prompt.
>
> *Please* let us know the *detail* of the steps to reproduce
> your issue and what happens.

He is using some Cyrillic locale:

https://monosnap.com/file/gBqrKZLH4zhquuNWPSTJfHRMJzlMq8

so some more details might help from:

$ mintty -V
Ignoring unknown option 'CharNarrowing'.
mintty 3.0.2 (x86_64-pc-cygwin)
© 2013/2019 Andy Koppe / Thomas Wolff
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

$ echo $LANGUAGE
en_CA:en_GB:en
$ for o in -s -u -f -i -n ''; do locale $o; done
en_US
en_US
en_CA
en_CA