stow package missing dependency

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Fri Dec 20 22:43:00 GMT 2019

Andrew Schulman via cygwin writes:
> Hi. Hm, sorry about that. Yes, stow does depend on perl-Stow, which is just
> a Perl package split out of the build from the same source. But I see that
> cygport didn't find it as a dependency, so it didn't make it into the
> dependency list.

Dependencies are not always picked up correctly, especially if they are
created by packaging choices.

> Yaakov, any thoughts on why cygport didn't spot perl-Stow as a dependency
> of stow? I just rebuilt stow and found the same thing:

Any dependency on perl modules is only approximate, as cygport tries to
scan for these itself.  This mostly produces false positives, which are
annoying enough, but can turn out the other way too.

Regards,
Achim.