[ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin 3.1.0-1

Henning xaoxx@t-online.de
Fri Dec 20 09:40:00 GMT 2019

On 18/12/2019 11:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 18 10:23, Henning wrote:
>> On 16/12/2019 20:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>> * cygwin-3.1.0-1
>>> * cygwin-devel-3.1.0-1
>>> * cygwin-doc-3.1.0-1
>>
>> After cygwin-3.0.7 all attempts to update (to test or normal versions)
>> terminated with errors:
>> Please tell me what I can do to (help) solve the problem.
> I *assume* in your case there's an unfortunate combination of a bigger
> Cygwin DLL in conjunction with another essential DLL overlapping the
> address space.
>
> Two things to try coming to mind:

Thank you for your reply. I am going to test your proposals the next
days.
But meanwhile since 3.1.1 there is another problem. I installed 3.1.1,
but forced to again go back to 3.0.7. But since today setup.exe now
longer offers to install 3.0.7. That means: one more installation
attempt and I can not go back and thus can't use cygwin. But I _really_
_need_ this installation. Is there a way to install the downloaded
3.0.7 packages?

Thanks for your efforts.

Henning