Bug report: Killing a native process may not actually kill it

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@symas.com
Thu Aug 29 00:02:00 GMT 2019

--On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:33 PM -0700 Kaz Kylheku
<920-082-4242@kylheku.com> wrote:

> Cygwin can't introduce Unix-like shutdown mechanisms (like the
> handling a non-fatal signal) into non-Cygwin processes which have
> no concept of that. It makes no sense.

My original post contained a link to a patch allowing for Cygwin to
correctly terminate native Windows processes.  I understand it is not the
position of the Cygwin project to deal with situation, so I think we can
just let it drop.

Regards,
Quanah

--