Odd, is it not? mkdir 'e:\' cannot be undone by rmdir 'e:\' ...

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Aug 27 19:48:00 GMT 2019

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> mkdir(2) has some special code from 2009 which drops trailing
> {back}slashes to perform a bordercase in mkdir Linux-compatible.
> This code snippet doesn't exist in rmdir(2).

While we're discussing oddities, creating symbolic links in the virtual
/dev directory still works and those links show up in the real
(underlying) Windows directory as well.  This is why the Bash
postinstall still works and I'm not sure if it should do that the way
it's written.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: