find command seems to lock files

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Wed Aug 21 19:53:00 GMT 2019

On 2019/08/19 09:42, Andrey Repin wrote:
> In regard to antivirus,
> 1. first make sure your local AV does not scan network directories by default.
> This is a gigantic usability issue for multiple reasons and normally is never done.

Except by microsoft, of course.

Microsoft's malware scanner (home essentials) scans network
drives as well as local by *default*.  I had to make sure to list
any network drives in the exclusions section (which it seems to honor).
Sorta odd how their builtin OS 'search' command cannot index remote
drives**, but their virus scanner, by default, is able to do so.

**-can only use the remote server's index via its 'federated search
capability' which delegates the search of the remote file system to
the remote search program -- of course its only available on MS systems,
so indices of non-MS, network attached storage (NAS) isn't available.