More on Win7 update messing up HOME

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Fri Aug 16 18:22:00 GMT 2019

Am 16.08.2019 um 15:28 schrieb David Karr:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:50 AM Andrey Repin wrote:

>> Do you have %HOME% variable set in your user environment?
>> Do you have %HOMEDRIVE%/%HOMEPATH% variables defined to something
>> unsettling?

> I checked "Environment Variables" in control panel, and I'm not setting
> anything beginning with "HOME" in either user or system variables.

That check is not really useful, though.

You need to look at the actual environment constructed for a user
process, at run-time.  About the easiest is to start a Windows command
shell (Start->Run "cmd") and look at the output of the "set" command.

In cases of looking for names starting with some prefix, like here, you
can narrow down the search:

	set HOME