TeXmacs 1.99.9-1 closes abruptly while mousing over menu
Mon Aug 5 00:49:00 GMT 2019
I am writing to report two issues with the version of TeXmacs included
in the latest cygwin repos.
Host OS: Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro ( two different systems and
$ cygcheck -c TeXmacs
Cygwin Package Information
PackageÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â VersionÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Status
TeXmacsÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1.99.9-1Â Â Â Â Â Â OK
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 Win7i701 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64 Cygwin
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-10.0 Win10i702 3.0.7(0.338/5/3) 2019-04-30 18:08 x86_64 Cygwin
This issue occurs while navigating the GUI, so please bear with me while
I attempt to put it into words ...
- Launch TeXmacs:
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
Â Â Â (GUI spawns)
- Click on Help from the menu bar
- Select the 'About' sub-menu item
- Mouse over the sub-menu and then drift off into the body of the edit
window (the menu remains displayed at this point)
- Now mouse up to anywhere on the top menu bar (no need to click anything)
Â Â Â The GUI then closes prematurely and the following is displayed:
Â Â Â Â Â Â texmacs: Fatal IO error 113 (Software caused connection abort)
on X server :0.0.
- This actually occurs when the above action is repeated when any
sub-menu item is selected and then mousing off and onto the menu bar.
- Upon a fresh installation of cygwin, 'cygcheck -c texmacs' lists the
TeXmacs package status as 'Incomplete'.
- I tracked this down to a missing file:
Â Â Â That file gets removed during the texmacs postinstall.sh:
Â Â Â Â Â Â $ cat /etc/postinstall/TeXmacs.sh.done
Â Â Â Â Â Â rm -f /usr/share/icons/gnome/icon-theme.cache
- Creating that file (touch /usr/share/icons/gnome/icon-theme.cache)
resolves the cygcheck 'Incomplete' status and shows 'OK' (as shown above).
Are these known issues for which there are fixes?
Thank you for all of your hard and dedicated work on Cygwin!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin