Japanese Official New Era Date Package Updates May Be Needed Tomorrow

Tue Apr 30 16:26:00 GMT 2019

On Apr 30 07:00, Brian Inglis wrote:
> Subpackages for sqlite3 and mingw may need updated from the latest ICU release.
> Packages unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation, unicode-ucd, and fonts used in Japanese,
> may also need updated as below.
> Not sure if any GUI date or locale packages need updated.
>
> Add new Windows Era if you are on W10 1809, and maybe W7 and earlier, if still
> unpatched:
>
> HKLM_SYS_CCS_Control_Nls_Calendars_Japanese_Eras.reg
> 8< ------------------------------ >8
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Calendars\Japanese\Eras]
> "2019 05 01"="令和_㋿_Reiwa_R"
> 8< ------------------------------ >8
>
> New era name gengo 令和/㋿/Reiwa/R announced Mar 31 goes into effect May 1
> R1.5.1 令和元年; H31.5.1 is an R1 bug; see

The Cygwin era info is in Cygwin itself to be compatible with glibc, not
fetched from Windows, .  I have a patch in the loop to update Cygwin
with the new era data, but a new Cygwin version may have to wait until
June, sorry.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen