Are my emails being filtered out?

Wed Apr 17 15:30:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-04-17 02:06, LRN wrote:
> I've been sending emails to this list for a couple of weeks now, and no
> one replies. Do these messages come through at all? I know for a fact that the
> messages do end up in the ML archives, so they reach at least *some* places.
> In case this message is being read by anyone: i'm looking either for Yaakov
> Selkowitz, or for anyone who maintains the glib Cygwin package. Please help, i
> only have a few months.

The best way to initiate discussion may be replying to a previous post about a
package in the relevant group with patches (see below), or an email with a new
well written, specific subject.
All participants are volunteers, with busy jobs, lives, or families, who also
take trips and vacations.
Some maintain dozens, hundreds, or thousands of Cygwin packages, may participate
or work upstream, in other distros, packages, products, or standards groups.
You may have months but they may have only minutes or seconds for a topic -
respect that: "We are now living on Internet time" - Andy Grove, Intel, 1997.

The relevant groups for patch submission and discussion are cygwin-apps for
apps, cygwin-patches for winsup..., newlib for other library files, to which you
must subscribe, or the upstream maintainer via email on the source site,
normally using git format-patch/send-email against the latest sources, with well
written, specific subjects and commit log entries.

If the upstream source site has public email archives, issue or bug tracker, you
may be able to search for relevant Cygwin or maintainer content, or you may have
to ask the maintainer if an issue has already been raised with them.