equivalent to su or sudo?

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 14:40:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 6:01 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> I need to run some scripts with full administrator rights (for chown,
> chmod, setfacl).
> Is there a cygwin equivalent to su or sudo?

I've actually found that after installing and configuring sshd as a
service, "ssh localhost" gives me an elevated shell without any hassle
(I'm part of the local admins group; you may have to modify to "ssh
admin@localhost").  If you want to use this as a replacement for
'sudo' without having ssh open to the network, modify your sshd
configuration to only accept localhost connections and as an added
layer, make sure your firewall denies all incoming network traffic to
sshd

-- Erik

--
"I do not think any of us are truly sane, Caleb. Not even you. Courage
is not sanity. Being willing to die for someone else is not sanity."

-- Alexandria Terri in "Weaving the Wyvern" by Alexis Desiree Thorne