CROSS PLATFORM APP AND DAEMON PROC.

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:44:00 GMT 2018

Am 20.09.2018 um 08:59 schrieb Onur GURSOY:
> Hello Andrey Repin Yes,
>   I did. I learned something such as cygwin is not native API etc. But I
> wonder one think,  have app that is sing bind DNS server, cygwin has a bind
> DNS server and Linux has a bind DNS server , my app is communicating via
> posix message queue
> Assume that we completely running program like this on Linux , how can I do
> this in windows via cygwin , development environment, required package on
> client pc side or development pc side, etc.
>
> Many thanks for your reply,
> My Best Regards,
> Onur.

Dear Onur,
on this mailing list we use bottom post.

To run a program on cygwin, it must be compiled on cygwin.
In general the same step and tool used for building on linux,
can be replicated on cygwin.
Programs that requires access to internal Linux API, can
not be compiled of course, everything else usually works.

The list of packages available on cygwin is here
https://cygwin.com/packages/package_list.html

The user guide and the ist of available system calls are
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/

---