Mutt and gpg 1.4

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:25:00 GMT 2018

On 9/19/2018 1:59 PM, Doug Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 09:52, john doe  wrote:
>
>> How can I remove gpg-1.4.23 and all related dependencies through command
>> line or how can I prevent, through command line, 'gpg' from being
>> installed when installing mutt?
>
> I configured both the windows gpg and cygwin gpg to use the same
> directory for the database files.
>
> I have since changed from a desktop to a laptop where I don't have
> windows gpg installed, so I can't offer details of how I did it. but I
> seem to recall that I either changed to shortcut to windows gpg to
> point to the cygwin ~/.gpg directory or made ~/.gpg a symlink to the
> windows config and database files. The choice may have depended on the
> EOL characters used in the files.

My experience is that the lock files remains with the Windows version
and the DB actually became unusable with both versions.  I'm guessing
the Enigmail plugin to T'bird leaves the connects to GPG open which
leaves the lock files in place and therefore causes the issues I
experience.  There is also an environment variable `GNUPGHOME' you could
have set.

--
cyg Simple