annoying ghostscript output in recent v9.24

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:17:00 GMT 2018

On 9/12/2018 1:51 PM, Lester Ingber wrote:
> I simply used
> ps2pdf file.ps
> and did not change the version line in ps2pdf (now "version=14").
>
> The specific file I tested can be download
> https://www.ingber.com/ingber_CV.ps.gz
> but that should not be relevant as I have been having this warning
> message on all other .ps files since the update.

The specific file *is* relevant.  I was able to reproduce the problem
with your file but not with others that I tried.  I also checked that
the problem is gone in the gs-9.25 release candidate, and I've now
uploaded that as a test release.  It should hit the mirrors in an hour
or so.

Ken