Cygwin fails to utilize Unicode replacement character

Fri Sep 7 16:48:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-09-07 05:54, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep  7 13:51, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>> Without this change, lf.lfFaceName is "T" when entering the do...while
>>> loop.
>> No, sorry, it's "Terminal" initially and then shortened down to "T" by one
>> char each in the loop.
>>> What's the purpose of this nested loop (do...while and EnumFontFamilies)
>>> anyway?
> The loop is handling the weird DejaVu Sans Mono behaviour I explained
> in previous mail.

Garbage in font name from uninit struct on stack?
Before call bzero/memset/implicit:

-  CONSOLE_FONT_INFOEX cfi;
+  CONSOLE_FONT_INFOEX cfi = { 0 };

and remove loop, which opens an attack vector by renaming a good font and
substituting one with a shorter name, or could cause problems by using the wrong
font e.g DejaVu Sans.

You need to self-impose a change freeze before heading out, once you're in
"stuff to get done before leaving" mode, which may be a day or up to a week, you
delegate or postpone decisions and actions until you return: BTDTGTS (Got The
Scars) ;^>