handling invalid user/groups (was incompat in cygwin choice of using '+' as domain and user separator.)

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Sep 5 11:35:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, L A Walsh!

> p.s. -- some "FYI" stuff about your email:
>         when i respond to one of your emails, I get two (2)
>         "To:" entries -- both to cygwin@cygwin.com.
>         I think it might be because the emails from you contain
>         two 'Mail-Followup-To:' lines -- see below**.

They are added by list software.
Your email client is expected to sort it out and only include unique
addresses.
Even if not, the first MTA you submit your message to should do that.

> Also, I don't get your message included in a response
> (because it is in a separate attachment.  Is that intentional?

No, it's your weird mail agent failing to parse a signed email.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...