Bug Report: Regression in Cygwin 2.11.0-1

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 1 18:08:00 GMT 2018

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 17:54:35, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I'll fix this and release a 2.11.1 soon, but I still have a question:
>
> Why do I push out test releases if nobody cares?

Yes, I know, it is a _hypothetical_question_. You do not really expect
an answer.

However it was my thought exactly. Nobody? I like to think that those
that were responsible for patches, have tested their modifications.

I did.

On the other hand, those that will find problems, the people building
packages, will only do that on "official" releases.

I am almost sure of that :-)

Unless you like creating test releases, releasing only one before you
push an "official" one, would be more efficient, I imagine.

Yes, you would run the chance that you would have to mend an official
release several times ... but is that bad?

Just a thought.

Henri