Setup missing installed packages

Lemke, Michael ST/HZA-ZIC2 lemkemch@schaeffler.com
Tue Oct 23 14:44:00 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 1:47 PM Houder wrote:
>On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 10:55 AM Michael Lemke wrote:
>[snip]
>
>> Thanks, I did and I can't find anything wrong. Where does setup.exe gets
>> the information from? I tried several versions, the current official one,
>> the new snapshot and something older I have lying around. They all do
>> this. They are in my distribution directory with all the Cygwin downloads
>> and all show the correct location of distribution directory
>> and installation directory. Some junk in the registry?
>
>uhm ...
>
>Data stored in the registry (Cygwin_root, local_repo):
>
>For a 32-bits instance of Cygwin,
>    see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygwin
>
>For a 64-bits instance of Cygwin,
>    see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cygwin

Ah, this might explain why I never had this problem in the 15+ years
of using Cygwin. I got a new PC a while ago and data was just copied
to it from the old PC. It certainly omitted registry settings. Now
that I updated my Cygwin installation setup's amnesia is gone.

>.. and save you the trouble of posting to this list.

Sorry about that, I'll unsubscribe soon 😉

Michael