Cygwin Git with Windows paths

Vince Rice vrice@solidrocksystems.com
Tue Nov 27 01:28:00 GMT 2018

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 8:09 AM, Steven Penny wrote:
>
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 22:54:14, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
>> Personally, I don't see this as a bug; AIUI using Windows style paths
>> isn't something that is supported in general in Cygwin, even if it's
>> something that works in some circumstances.
>
> It is a bug. Even when you use Unix paths, Cygwin is doing path conversions:

It's not a bug. Cygwin has been on record for a very long time that Windows paths might work, but since it's emulating Linux, they are not guaranteed to work. If they work, great. If they don't work, too bad. Some maintainers try to keep them working in their respective programs, but that is a courtesy, not fixing a bug.