tar cygwin64/ from old to new computer:

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Mon Nov 26 19:19:00 GMT 2018

On 11/25/2018 11:58 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, L A Walsh!
>> ---
>>         Hmm...can't tar it, but he could drag&drop from Explorer
>> like he was moving the image (but do a copy instead).
>
> It would screw permissions on Cygwin files/directories.
---
	Perhaps, I haven't tried this particular use case,
however, usually it just duplicates them.

	Think about the local case.  There it just does a rename.
I don't think they would deliberately allow custom ACL's to be tossed
just because the copy was to a different device.

	But, once you had the files in place, wouldn't an rsync
from old to new, fix up just the ACL's?

	If rsync won't work, then use "cp":

  > cp -rd --attributes-only /old /new

	Is there a reason why that wouldn't (or shouldn't)
work?