[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.11.2-0.1

Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen nkj@internetgruppen.dk
Thu Nov 1 08:20:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-10-31 16:16, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 31.10.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Niels Kristian "Ænkå" Jensen:
>> This thread asks for testers. I've read the
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html and in particular:
>> https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.setup.snapshots
>>
>> without finding a way to run the test release other than simply
>> replacing the cygwin1.dll with the snapshot one. It seems to run fine,
>> I've deployed to one of the Jenkins build agents some hours ago.
>>
>> My question: Is a "test" version of the setup program with an updated
>> setup.ini available somewhere?
>

> It can be installed by the standard setup,
> just select 2.11.2-0.1 from the available versions of
> cygwin package.
>
> The new setup show better the test versions available.
> https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00167.html

Thank you, I simply did not notice the "Test" check-box in the upper
right corner (available even in 2.893).
Perhaps that should be added to the FAQ?
The current guide seems a bit out-of-date (replacing the dll after
unpack and rename)

It seems that I can push a patch / suggestion here?
https://cygwin.com/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-htdocs.git

Best regards,
Niels Kristian Jensen

Spejd er sejt!