Spam On List

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:33:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
> Well, if there is a filter set up I didn't mean to be insensitive. I
> thought to ask because some work accounts I use get these messages but
> they are properly flagged.

Work accounts generally also deliver the message to a quarantine of
some kind (spam folder) you can access and update them, while
automated list management often can't and it is either send it through
or delete it, and if deleted, no one ever sees it, making false
positives much more dangerous  :)

I've numerous times found valid messages and even entire threads from
this list incorrectly flagged as spam in my personal and corporate
boxes while actual spam that got through wasn't flagged... an eternal
cat and mouse game until spam is no longer profitable...

-- Erik

--
"I do not think any of us are truly sane, Caleb. Not even you. Courage
is not sanity. Being willing to die for someone else is not sanity."

-- Alexandria Terri in "Weaving the Wyvern" by Alexis Desiree Thorne