How portable (relocatable) is a Cygwin installation?

Soegtrop, Michael michael.soegtrop@intel.com
Thu May 10 18:42:00 GMT 2018

Dear Andy,

here you can find a batch file, which sets up a Cygwin from scratch with a defined set of packages:

https://github.com/coq/coq/blob/master/dev/build/windows/MakeCoq_MinGW.bat

The setup of Cygwin takes about 2 minutes and is without any user interaction. I would say, this is a more reasonable approach. If you want a fixed environment, you should use your own Cygwin repo.

It later calls a shell script which builds ocaml, menhir, libraries like lablgtk and eventually Coq, but I guess this wouldn't be useful for you because this is a MinGW Ocaml and I guess (just a guess) you are using a Cygwin OCaml. But there is no reason why one couldn't setup opam on Cygwin in a similar way.

I think there are also some Cygwin / opam scripts in the CI of Coq. If this would be useful for you, I can point you to the respective scripts.

Best regards,

Michael
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich