Filemode change by windows applications

Kjetil Østerås kjetilos@gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:16:00 GMT 2018

Hi,

I notice that when I edit and save a file in a windows application this
file sometimes get the execute file permission set in cygwin. Some windows
applications do this and some don't. For instance in my setup if i modify a
.c file using Meld then the execute bit is set, however when I modify the
same file with sublime text 3 then the execute bit is not set.

Why does this happen? and is there anything I can do to prevent windows
applications from setting the execute bit on my files?

--
Kjetil Østerås