cygrunsrv -S cygserver on Cygwin86 does not run

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Mar 15 18:17:00 GMT 2018

Tatsuro MATSUOKA writes:
> At execute Cygwin setup, kiling all cygwin process is highly recommended
> becase setpup execute autorebase.

Well, it's mandatory actually.

> kill-9-1_32_64.bat
> @echo off
> C:\cygwin\bin\cygstart --action=runas /bin/kill -9 -1
> C:\cygwin64\bin\cygstart --action=runas /bin/kill -9 -1

Myself, I use 'pkill .' (from the procps package), but if you run any
daemons that keep state you better properly stop their services instead
of killing them (NET STOP and NET START from CMD, no need to fire up
Cygwin for this).  AT least you should send them A HUP ro TERM first,
then wait a few seconds before sending KILL.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: