Eclipse running on debian with remote display to cygwin X11 starts all squashed to a point

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Mar 9 18:03:00 GMT 2018

On 08/03/2018 20:16, Steinar Bang wrote:

>>> I've built a snapshot with some potential fixes. Perhaps you could try
>>> that and see if it improves things for you?
>
>>> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86_64/XWin.20180308-git-3ca71c7f563c3e91.exe.bz2
>
>> Ok I will try this and see how it works out.  I will report back both
>> the results of both this version and the "-extension RANDR".
>
> I have downloaded it and bunzip2'd it and started it from the command
> line, and it started and displayed a big black window.
>
> But I'm unsure how to start it in the same way as XLaunch starts and how
> to fire up lxterminal locally...?

Probably the simplest way is to replace your existing /usr/bin/XWin.exe
with it (after making a copy of the original so you can put it back
afterwards)

I discovered that there is some RANDR state which doesn't always get
initialized correctly, so also just running 'xrandr' might be a
workaround (which was confusing me greatly when testing things :))

I built another snapshot which fixes that, which you might also like to try.

ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86_64/XWin.20180309-git-42c162c6c1f98253.exe.bz2