mirror no longer listed

Thu Mar 8 22:30:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-03-08 12:48, Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:
> When I originally installed cygwin, I did so from the
> cygwin.mirror.constant.com mirror. That site is no longer listed as a
> mirror. What do I need to do in cygwin to change to a different mirror such
> that cygwin remembers what I already have installed. Do I just rename the
> folder on my PC that has the mirror's name to a new name?
Setup remembers the packages and versions installed, separately from the last
mirror used for downloads, so just pick another close mirror and use it.

See:
	https://cygwin.com/mirrors.html#mirroradmin

which explains that mirrors are polled regularly to check they are current, and
dropped temporarily from the mirror list, if not up to date with the latest
packages and versions.
"So, it is expected that from, time-to-time, your site may fall off the mirror
list temporarily."
You could just wait to see if your mirror returns to the list, if it is the only
mirror close to you on the Internet.