setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Mar 4 03:11:00 GMT 2018

[Please don't top-post on this list.]

On 3/3/2018 10:01 PM, Robert Cohen wrote:
>   Thanks for finding that. However, I am using the same "Local Package Directory" that I used
> when I ran it to do the download. For example, here's where things were for all the steps:
>
> 1. Directory C:\Updates\cygwin_download, containing setup-x86_64.exe and nothing else
> 2. Ran setup, "Download without installing", specifying C:\Updates\cygwin_download as
>       the local package directory, then selected additional packages and performed the download.
>
> at this point, C:\Updates\cygwin_download contained setup-x86_64.exe and a
> subdirectory for the mirror site. The setup.ini file was in a x64_64 subdirectory
> under the mirror site subdirectory.
>
> 3. Then I ran setup again, "Install from local directory", with C:\cygwin64 as the root directory
>       and C:\Updates\cygwin_download as the local package directory.
>
> Should I have specified something differently for it to detect the additional packages that I
> selected for download? I looked in setup.ini and it does list the additional packages that
> I had selected.

No.  Based on what you said, I don't know what the problem was.  Does
/var/log/setup.log.full give any clues?

Ken